We had a weekend full of childrens Birthday parties at The Makery this weekend, the most fun of which was a brilliant monster party! It's one of my favourites; the children get to be so creative and I LOVE the different monsters they come up with! Here's what they do:
1) Crayons and paper at the ready. The children design a monster each. We talk about where the monsters live, what they eat, what their names are, and so on.
2) We cut out the monsters, and trace round them onto an old T-shirt.
3) Some nifty sewing machine intervention, and we sew around the monsters, leaving a little gap for the stuffing.
4) Cue stuffing..."The best bit" for many of the children! The monsters come to life!
5) Then all that's left is to give the monsters eyes, horns, teeth with an endless array of buttons, beads, ribbon, pens, whatever is to hand. How cute?!