Wednesday 25 August 2010

Lumpy, bootees and a beanie

Feeling particularly creative today and ready for a challenge! I'm often inspired to make things for my little girl; it's so much quicker to make small things - the satisfaction comes more readily! And it's so much fun to dress her up! So, found a couple of old T-shirts and started cutting...not really sure what I was going to make. I LOVE using old T-shirts for projects; so soft, such great colours, doesn't fray and washes well! 
First up: Lumpy. I found a 70's toy pattern for an elephant, and thought he would look lovely in cerise, grey and turquoise. And he does! He's called Lumpy, because he's a little...well...lumpy. But terribly cuddly too. 







 Next: Bootees. I freestyled a pattern by roughly drawing around Lyra's teeny feet. Her socks never stay on, and tights are too warm in this weather. Jersey bootees - the perfect solution!



Finally: Beanie. Of course! A hat to match her bootees! Not that it will stay on for more than 2 minutes. Hey ho, I had fun making it.
The leftover bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment